There’s one thing all online content has in common: digital marketers help you discover and fall in love with the content. Sounds interesting, right? Isn’t that right? Learning freelance digital marketing is cool, and it’s a career that’s growing in popularity. It has certainly come a long way. A job as a freelance digital marketer may be a good fit for you if you like creating things, discovering new updates, and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The recent outbreak of covid 19 has increased the role of digital marketers in every industry. The importance of digital marketing has grown for small and big businesses due to the growing need to stay in the competitive market and reach as many potential customers. To become a freelance digital marketer, one must have a set of digital marketing and freelancing skills to be the right fit.
The list of Digital marketing skills for you to master are:
- Social Media Marketing: With the most recent advancements in the marketing industry, no business can grow without the assistance of social media marketing. Digital marketing includes a significant amount of social media marketing. It requires familiarity with major social media platforms like Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, and others. You should also be aware of which platforms favor a different kind of content. It entails determining where your audience will go to watch what. Social media marketing also requires knowing about paid advertising on these platforms to build a brand.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM): With SEO, your goal is to improve your site’s ranking in search engine result pages for specified keywords. On the other hand, SEM is about running paid ad campaigns on search engines to rank for specific keywords.
Both are necessary for boosting visitors to the target website. You should not just know the foundations of SEO and SEM, but the tools as well that are needed to do it, such as Ahrefs and SEMRush.
- Video Marketing: Technological improvements and shifting customer behavior have made video marketing more important than ever before. In today’s digital marketing, it has become the most potent tool. Social videos receive 1200 percent more shares than image and text content combined, according to word stream research. Furthermore, 51% of marketing professionals globally consider video to be the most effective content type. Similarly, 87 percent of web marketers use videos in their campaigns. These figures only serve to demonstrate why you should specialize in video marketing. Video production, the editing process, the requisite instruments, and current industry trends are all required skills.
- Content Marketing: Content is the king. Everyone has heard it more than thousands of times. The reason behind it was the line was promoted so well and made in such a way that it felt was made for everyone. Similarly, in content marketing, you create, publish, and distribute content for your targeted audience. Before that, you need to understand what your audience wants to read and then create content accordingly. The skills required for content marketing will be the basics of blogging, keyword research, content creation, and content optimization. When you are freelancing, chances are your client can ask you for a content strategy, so you also need to learn how to create a content strategy.
- Analytical Understanding: In the digital marketing industry, data is quite crucial. We get data from the results of our marketing initiatives. Analytics tools are used by digital marketers to generate actionable insights that aid in the development of marketing strategies. Understanding analytics enables digital marketers to track and assess the progress of their ad campaigns. When you know how your marketing efforts are performing, you can figure out what method to take and how to plan your future marketing initiatives.
The list of Freelancing Skills for you to master are:
- Communication: Communication is an important skill because effective communication can turn your prospects into clients. For not just freelancing but for a professional as well, effective communication is very important. For a freelancer, its need increases exponentially.
- Be Organised: As a freelancer, you are in charge of your schedule. If you’re well-organized, this can become less overwhelming. Organizing your job as well as many parts of your business is critical.
- Time Management: The ability to manage time effectively is another important skill that a freelancer should have. We tend to try to juggle all our tasks at once when we’ve got a lot to do. If you have good time management skills, you’ll be more productive and efficient. Additionally, freelancers are required to meet strict deadlines and manage a range of tasks at the same time. Therefore, time management is a virtue required of freelancers who want to succeed.
- Learn! Learn! Learn!: Yes, you know a lot! However, the digital marketing world is a constantly evolving industry, and you must continue to learn to keep up with the latest trends. As a digital marketing professional, you’d have to stay up with the latest technology on the market and continue to broaden your understanding of the sector.
As a freelance digital marketer, your responsibilities include:
- Create a digital marketing plan.
- Set up and track KPIs to help you improve your actions.
- Develop promotional materials and visuals for the blog
- Customers are more likely to take action if you make it easier for them to do so.
- Maintaining a business’s social media
- To maximize the possibility of a purchase, manage a company’s online store.
- Boost your Google presence and manage your marketing campaigns
- Curate and keep a brand alive.
How to Become a Freelance Digital Marketer
You know the expertise you will need to work as a freelance digital marketer, but you’re probably wondering, “How can I build those skills?”
It can be difficult to learn so many skills and concepts on your own. It is preferable to learn under the supervision of industry specialists because this will ensure that you grasp the necessary concepts fast and correctly.
That is why we recommend joining our freelance Digital Marketing program at the Chalaang.