The ongoing pandemic has taken a toll on every business. No matter how big or small, every business has suffered in these testing times. This global widespread has not only been the reason for major economic instability but has also made so many small businesses go out of business.
Every obstacle comes with an opportunity to grow. Similarly, in hard times like these, businesses have learnt the power of having an online presence and the importance of digital marketing in a business. You won’t be able to survive in the long run with foot traffic alone. Not having an online presence will cost the business its potential target growth as in times like these when people are afraid to set foot outside the house, window shopping is only feasible with online websites and social media handles. Here are 7 points that every business must consider while doing online digital marketing:-
- Ensure online presence of your business- Online activity of consumers has significantly increased during the pandemic. From groceries to personal care products, everything can be found online. To eliminate your competition, you must not ignore the influence of online marketing. Get a website and use search engine optimization techniques to get to the top of the search pages.
- Understand the power of backlinks insertion- Getting involved in link building will not only help your business to be more recognizable but will also help you to stay ahead of your competition. Backlinks help to generate traffic on the website which indeed increases the market reach and thus chances of increased sales.
- Stay smart with Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising- After being in a total lockdown for almost a year, every business has cut short their budgetary requirements. Opting for PPC advertising is just what you need as a cost-effective strategy for generating traffic. This is a faster process as compared to traditional search engine optimization. PPC advertising not only speeds up the whole buying process but also ensures boosted-up conversion rates. If not aware of it, you must enroll for a PPC course online to gain insights about the same.
- Keep track of your online activities- Maintaining your online reputation is an essential step in having an online presence. Keep track of any new or ongoing online activities of your business. Set up google alerts for any new mentions, use tools like Radiate and Chatter that help you be responsive to your customer’s queries and suggestions. Also, stay active at all times. If the online activity goes dormant, you might soon go out of business.
- Make your Social-media game strong- From kids to adults, people of all age groups are on one or the other social media platform. Targeting your audience using social media handles is the most effective and efficient move to grab an authentic customer base. There are plenty of social media marketing companies in the market that will try to lure you into connecting with them; choose yours wisely. Devise custom strategies for different social media platforms and get a bang for every buck that you will spend on marketing.
- Watch your competitors closely- Keeping a tab on your competitor’s online activity will not only help you learn about the market but will also help you expand your market reach. Facebook business pages have a feature called ‘Pages to watch’ which allows you to follow other accounts. Observe your competitor’s post vigilantly and take notes on what all you can incorporate in your business.
- Run exclusive offers- Sale! Sale! Sale! No matter what age, gender or region you belong to, looking at ‘Sale!’ the board will for sure attract you. Running offers and organizing sales will help people notice your product more and thus will drive a huge amount of online traffic towards you with the help of online advertising.
Learning SEO digital marketing and implementing it will not only help the business have a strong hold in the market but will also help in eliminating competition. Your priority must always be to provide customer satisfaction as a satisfied customer will not only return back to your door but will also bring along other potential customers.